Side effects of chemotherapy
Some of the possible side effects of chemotherapy are listed below. It’s unlikely that a woman will have many or all of these side effects. It’s also important to remember that having chemotherapy can have great benefits.
It’s possible to have chemotherapy with very few side effects. If this happens, it doesn’t mean that the chemotherapy is not working.
Common side effects of chemotherapy include:
- nausea and vomiting
- fatigue (tiredness)
- hair loss
- diarrhoea or constipation
- weight gain or weight loss
- mouth ulcers and infections
- skin or nail changes or reactions
- menopausal symptoms (temporary or permanent)
- depression or anxiety
- sexual difficulties
- nerve and muscle problems
- swelling in the arms and legs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15