How Sensory Processing Issues Affect Kids in School
Your son’s second grade teacher calls to say she’s concerned about some of his behaviors in school:
- He can’t sit still through a half-hour lesson and disrupts the class.
- He often seems distracted and doesn’t pay attention to what she’s saying
- He bumps into kids in the lunch line, making them angry.
- He can’t hold a pencil correctly, so he struggles with handwriting.
- He gets upset when asked to switch from one activity to another
- He melts down during assemblies and has to leave the gym.