Toddler found passed out in street after swallowing parents’ heroin
An 18-month-old toddler was found passed out on the pavement while her drug addict parents lay unconscious at home.
It is believed the Alonna Bolden had ingested her parents’ heroin and was found not far from her home in the US.
Parents Brandy Estep and Jason Bolden were arrested and face charges of child endangerment.
Alonna was said to be blue in the face and was having trouble breathing when she was discovered on a Ohio pavement.
She was partly revived by heroin antidote Narcan.
Shocked neighbours described their horror of what had unfolded on their street, according to ABC 6.
Police were called to the tragic scene when she was found by a neighbour, who scooped her tiny body from the pavement and rushed her to the apartment where her parents lay unconscious on the kitchen floor.
According to FOX 28, the girl’s father awoke and began frantically searching for $175 (£140) worth of heroin.
He reportedly said he did not want to take Alonna to the hospital for fear he might be jailed.
Police arrived to the apartment to see Bolden driving off in his car after being persuaded to take his daughter to A&E when she began turning blue.
The girl’s 26-year-old mother remained unconscious on the kitchen floor.
Both parents could be sentenced to a maximum of three years in jail and fined $10,000 (£8,000).
The 18-month-old is being treated in an Intensive Care Unit and is said to be in a serious but stable condition.
She is expected to be released to child services.
The neighbour who discovered Alonna in the street told WSAZ: “When I actually looked back at the baby, she was blue.”